A premier winery estate owned by NASCAR team owner and Hall of Fame member Richard Childress, located in Lexington, NC is seeking an Event Supervisor. The winery opened in 2004 and produces over 30 wines ranging from sweet to dry. In addition to offering award-winning wines, the winery estate also offers state-of-the-art services and hospitality. Childress Vineyards offers multiple event venues allowing for specialization in small and large weddings, corporate meetings, private dinners, and a variety of other events.
Qualified applicants preferably have two years of hospitality and or event coordinating experience.
Job responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
– Oversee event staff members with a high level of professionalism and provide efficient solutions to any problems that arise
– Design thorough and detailed layouts and timelines for events
– Maintain communication with Chef on behalf of clients to secure event menus, food orders, service style, and catering supplies
– Oversee setup & breakdown of all events
– Assign staff for events through an online scheduling program
– Update and maintain event calendar
– Other duties as assigned
– Provide superior customer service in all interactions with clients, prospects, vendors, and co-workers
– Wedding and corporate event planning experience preferred
– Strong verbal and written communication skills needed
– Able to work flexible schedule to coincide with scheduled events
– Must be able to work weekends and nights
– Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
– Experience with Microsoft RMS a plus
– Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team in a constantly changing environment, as well as individually with minimal supervision
– Strong customer service, time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills are necessary
– Ability to portray the Childress Vineyards brand and core values
– Must be able to lift 35+ pounds on a daily basis
– Ability to remain on feet for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend, and stoop
A background check and drug screening will be required prior to employment.
Pay rate will be based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time