Pick Your Potion Pumpkin Carving Contest | 10/1/21 – 10/31/21
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS | TERMS & CONDITIONS
CHILDRESS WINERY, LLC
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who submit entry abiding to requirements, and who are twenty-one (21) years of age as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Childress Vineyards and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Childress Vineyards as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on October 1st, 2021 1:00am ET and ending October 31st, 2021 11:59pm ET. All entries must be received by October 31st, 2021 11:59pm ET.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by taking a photograph and submitting to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, using hashtag #PickYourPotion, tagging @ChildressWines and @FoothillsBrewing and “Liking” or “Following” @ChildressWines and @FoothillsBrewing on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Entries may also be accepted via a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Childress Vineyards, 1000 Childress Vineyards Rd., Lexington, North Carolina, 27295, United States. This method of entry must include a valid email address. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing. You may enter multiple times on multiple social media platforms. You must provide the information requested. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing. No purchase necessary to enter sweepstakes. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase chances of winning.
- Prize: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one dinner (1) valued at $100 at Foothills Brewing in Winston-Salem, NC, one-night (1) stay at Winston-Salem, Marriott, one lunch (1) valued at $100 at the Childress Vineyards, two (2) Luxe Wine Tastings at Childress Vineyards one-night (1) stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites at Vineyard Crossing, Lexington, NC. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize awarded. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Childress Vineyards’ and Foothills Brewing discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Transportation is not included or provided to and from premises through the Campaign. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. In the event that the winner is unable to retrieve prize at the specified location or by specified redeem date, a new winner will be drawn. Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing holds the right to deny request of redeeming prize on different date.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase chances of winning.
- Winner Selection and Notification: One (1) grand prize winner will be selected bya computerized random drawing under the supervision of Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing. Winner will be notified by private message on social media platform used to enter sweepstakes by November 10th, 2021. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Childress Vineyards and Foothills brewing shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize withintwenty-four (24) hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Winner must claim and retrieve prize at specified locations provided by Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing. Prize will not be shipped. In the event that the winner is unable to retrieve prize at the specified location, a new winner will be drawn. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CHILDRESS VINEYARDS’ AND FOOTHILLS BREWING SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Childress Vineyards, Foothills Brewing, anyone acting on behalf of Childress Vineyards or Foothills Brewing, and Childress Vineyards’ and Foothills Brewing’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Childress Vineyards’ or Foothill Brewing’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Childress Vineyards or Foothills Brewing. Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing reserve the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing are not responsible for damaged equipment or equipment faults.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CHILDRESS VINEYARDS, FOOTHILLS BREWING AND NORTH CAROLINA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in NORTH CAROLINA having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:Childress Vineyards, 1000 Childress Vineyards Rd., Lexington, North Carolina, 27295, United States. Requests must be received no later thanFebruary 1st, 2020.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Childress Vineyards, 1000 Childress Vineyards Road, Lexington, North Carolina 27295, United States, and Foothills Brewing, 3800 Kimwell Drive, Winston-Salem, NC 27103, United States.
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: The Campaign hosted by Childress Vineyards and Foothills Brewing is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other social media platform. This campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with any other affiliate, corporation, or entity in addition to Childress Vineyards or Foothills Brewing.
- By entering sweepstakes, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Terms & Conditions.
BY ENTERING, I AGREE TO ALLOW CHILDRESS VINEYARDS TO CONTACT ME VIA SOCIAL MEDIA FROM THE INFORMATION I PROVIDE. I UNDERSTAND THAT BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, CHILDRESS VINEYARDS AND FOOTHILLS BREWING OWN MY ENTRY ONCE SUBMITTED. MY CONSENT IS NOT A CONDITION OF PURCHASE AND I CAN STOP OR OPT OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AT ANY TIME DURING SWEEPSTAKES DURATION BY REMOVING POSTED SWEEPSTAKES PHOTO, HASHTAGS, AND PAGE TAGS FROM ALL AND ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR OTHER PLATFORMS USED.